Saturday, March 24, 2012

Yummy Japanese Siomai


Almost everyday my son buys siomai on street vendors outside his school. Fearing for my son's health, I decided to search the internet for a siomai recipe. Right there and then I bought the ingredients and steamed my very first siomai. Realizing that I still do have dried seaweed sheets called "NORI" , though feeling a bit tired,  I still made a Japanese siomai ... unexpectedly my kids love it more than the regular siomai that I made.





Here's a simple recipe I got from the internet:

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 lb ground pork
3/4 cup onion (minced)
3/4 cup carrots (minced)
1/2 tsp pepper
wonton or siomai wrapper
1 egg
1 tsp salt
DIPPING SAUCE:
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp lemon or calamansi

Instructions:
Mix all the ingredients together apart from the wrapper.
Wrap the meat in wanton or siomai wrapper by adding about 1 tbsp of meat in the center of the wrapper then press all the sides to the middle leaving an open space on top. Place all the wrapped meat in the steamer. Steam for 20-25 minutes.Serve with dipping sauce. Serve hot and enjoy!

Visit this link for more recipe online!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Granville Crest Davao | MATTHEW (Single Attach 2 Storey)

Invest in Real Estate now!!! DM me for inquiries..more house model to choose from na swak na swak sa inyong budget (perfect for your budge...